The University of California, Riverside’s Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences has created the “Douglas M. Morton Memorial Scholarship Fund for Student Field Studies”. Donations to this scholarship fund will be used to support undergraduate and graduate students who pursue geological research involving keen field observation, which as you know was Doug’s primary passion and the main source of data for his many publications. So it seemed to us to be a fitting way for our Department to honor and sustain Doug’s legacy to the advancement of field geology.
If you would like to make your gift by Check:
- Please make your check payable to “UCR Foundation”.
- In the memo line, please write: Douglas M. Morton Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Please send to: UCR Foundation, PO Box 112, Riverside, CA 92502-0112.
If you would like to make your gift online with a Credit Card:
- Please click here. Select an amount to give, click on “Add to Basket” and fill out the donor form.
- In the “Comments or special instructions field”, please indicate the gift goes to the Douglas M. Morton Memorial Scholarship Fund.
UCR will mail you an acknowledgement and receipt for your generous gift, for tax purposes. If you have any questions about the fund please do not hesitate to contact me.
Also, please share your stories and pictures of Doug on this website for everyone to see.
Going forward we will provide regular updates on this scholarship fund, and I hope that every now and then we can bring Doug’s family and the supported students together to celebrate the passionate life and career of this wonderful man.
Prof. Michael A. McKibben
Chair, Dept. of Earth and Planetary Sciences
407 Geology Building
University of California, Riverside 92521
For MORE INFO on the Scholarship, contact: